Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Wonderful easy side dish, or us on top of pasta or steak. Adapted from Chef2Chef.
- 4 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- parsley, for garnish
- Sauté the mushrooms in olive oil until browned on one side, 4-6 minutes.
- Turn and add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for another 2 minutes, add the parsley and cover the pan.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately Garnished with a little chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Great base recipe! I also added thinly sliced onion, a bit of cayenne pepper for a kick, a bit of regular pepper, and then mixed in some freshly grated parmesan cheese.
made this past night and it was amasing!!!
Ratings varied from 3-5 in our house. So I went right in the middle ans gave it 4 stars. Personally, I felt the EVO needs to be cut way back. I sprinkled mine with some fresh grated parm. because I thought it needed somethng a little more. Next time I may try the red wine others suggested. Portabellas and garlic, you can't go wrong with them in our house. Can't wait to play around with this some more. Thanks.