Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple sauce is very quick and very garlicky. It's not hot or strong, but rather buttery-rich from the garlic. Great on angel hair pasta or any other long pasta such as linguine or spaghetti.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 -15 large garlic cloves, to taste, peeled and sliced very thin (tip ( use a garlic mandolin)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package pasta
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional) or romano cheese (optional)
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Scatter garlic slices over oil and saute, stirring constantly, until just golden, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasonings; stir together and bring to a simmer. Turn heat down and simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, while you cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Serve sauce spooned over hot pasta; top with shredded cheese if desired.
- For Vegan option omit the cheeses.
Quick and easy to throw together if you have only these few ingredients at home. My boyfriend LOVED this sauce! Said it tasted better than any other jarred/canned sauce he has ever had!