Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a beautifully presented book I received from BusyMomof3 in the Cookbook Swap 2011 called Southern to the Core. NOTE - no garlic was listed in the ingredients or mentioned in the instructions so would suggest if you wish to add I think 2 to 4 cloves of roasted garlic minced through the mix would add a lovely flavour to the dish, though if your garlic is sweet you could add raw but I find a lot of people are not keen on the flavour of raw garlic in dishes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (package softened)
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons dried onion (mince)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine the cream cheese and cream in a medium bowl and add the parmesan cheese, onion and Worcestershire sauce and mix well - if your dip is too thick, add more cream until you get it to the consistency you like.
- Cover and refrigerate, remove and let come to a soft consistency before serving.
I used garlic paste in place of the onion as garlic dip was what I wanted. It was enjoyed as a bread and raw veggie dip along with marinated mushrooms and a chicken main last evening. :D
Where's the garlic?? (grin) Did I miss it?
I liked this just fine, and made a quarter of a recipe, using garlic powder and NO onion at all. I also may not have used enough cream, as my dip was stiff, which was also perfectly fine with me! I 'shaped' the dip by lining a small bowl with plastic wrap, and filling with the dip, which I chilled. Pulled it out of the fridge, removed plastic wrap and VOILA! Cute little cheesy dip! Next time I will try with roasted garlic - Thanks for sharing, I'mPat.