Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite way to eat asparagus. Make sure to use only nice thin spears.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus spear, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the olive oil and garlic and cook garlic for a minute, until fragrant, but not browned.
- Add asparagus, salt and pepper and cook, turning occasionally for 10 minutes.
We made this as directed- but the minced garlic seemed to burn somewhat before the asparagus was done...will try again but instead will start asparagus the same time as the garlic...