Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is from Vegetarian Times Magazine.(this recipe is vegan) prep and cooking times are a guess.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch-thick wedges
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place oven rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 475. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Soak potatoes in bowl of hot water for 10 minutes. Drain, pat dry, and return to dry dowl.
- Meanwhile, heat canola oil, oilve oil, and garlic in saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook garlic 2 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Transfer garlic to small bowl with slotted spoon.
- Pour oil over potatoes, and toss to coat. (save remaining garlic)Season with salt and pepper. arrange potatoes in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until , or until golden on bottom. Turn and bake ten minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, stir parsley into reserved garlic; sprinkle over fries. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immesiately.
These came out beautiful, but after 45 minutes were only 3/4 cooked. After the first 30 minutes I turned the heat up about 25 degrees, but they still turned out partially raw. Not sure what, if anything, I did wrong, will warrent further investigation.
Thanks Punky for a great little recipe for some home-fries. The garlic comes thru nicely on these. Followed your recipe exact except for skipping the fresh parsley due to family request. This is a keeper!