Mussels steamed with sweet corn, which gives it a taste of summer, and dry sherry, adding a woody, caramelized element. Adapted from a recipe by Caroline Russock at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/atA7SI
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse mussels under cold water. Remove any hairy "beards" from the edge of the shells, then scrub with a vegetable brush. Discard any mussels with cracked shells, or which do not close when tapped firmly on the counter.
- 2Heat oil in a large pot with a tight cover. Add garlic, scallions, shallot and a pinch of salt. Sweat aromatics until soft, about 3 minutes. Add corn and cook until beginning to soften, another 3 minutes.
- 3Add sherry and bring to a simmer; maintain simmer until corn is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add mussels and cover pot. Steam, stirring once or twice, until mussels are cooked through, 5-10 minutes. Discard any which do not open. Remove mussels to warmed bowls with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add butter to pan juices and simmer until butter melts and sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour sauce over mussels and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Mussels With Corn
Serving Size: 1 (664 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 866.5
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 1336.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 59.2 g