1/9 Photos of Garlicky Mussels in a Rich Lemon, Fresh Herb, Butter Sauce
Moules marinières a classic French/Belgian dish, wonderful served with frites and a dollop of mayonnaise. Just bought 2 pounds of mussels. Tossed this together almost as fast as we ate it! Lots of fresh herbs and garlic. Make sure you have some wonderful bread to soak up the sauce! Or serve over pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vidalia onion, diced
- 1 chili pepper, sliced in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, rough chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 lbs mussels, scrubbed discard any that are not alive
- 3 tablespoons butter
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- 1In a large pan pour olive oil to cover bottom of pan add onions chili and garlic saute till translucent.
- 2Add herbs lemon and wine.
- 3Add mussels cover and steam 5 minutes till all are opened.
- 4Remove mussels to a large bowl.
- 5Keeping the juice in the pan whisk in the butter and pour over the mussels.
- 6Garnish with herbs and lemon.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Mussels in a Rich Lemon, Fresh Herb, Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.0
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.4 mg
- Sodium 880.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 35.2 g