Recipe by Rita~
Moules marinières a classic French/Belgian dish, wonderful served with frites and a dollop of mayonnaise. Just bought 2 pounds of mussels. Tossed this together almost as fast as we ate it! Lots of fresh herbs and garlic. Make sure you have some wonderful bread to soak up the sauce! Or serve over pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vidalia onion, diced
- 1 chili pepper, sliced in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, rough chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 1⁄2 lbs mussels, scrubbed discard any that are not alive
- 3 tablespoons butter
- fresh herb (to garnish)
- lemon slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan pour olive oil to cover bottom of pan add onions chili and garlic saute till translucent.
- Add herbs lemon and wine.
- Add mussels cover and steam 5 minutes till all are opened.
- Remove mussels to a large bowl.
- Keeping the juice in the pan whisk in the butter and pour over the mussels.
- Garnish with herbs and lemon.