A great little Indian starter, best served piping hot.
Make and share this Garlicky Mushroom Pakoras recipe from Food.com.
- Place the gram flour, salt, baking powder, cumin and chilli in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the water, mixing well to for a smooth batter.
- Add the garlic and onion to the batter and mix inches Leave the mixture to stand for ten mins while you wipe and trim your mushrooms.
- mix the mushrooms into the batter and stir to coat.
- Heat enough oil to cover the pakoras in a pan to about 180C (so a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds).
- Once the oil is hot fry a few pakoras at a time until golden brown. Drain and keep warm.
- Serve with salt and lemon juice.