Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great little Indian starter, best served piping hot.
Make and share this Garlicky Mushroom Pakoras recipe from Food.com.
- 175 g gram flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 200 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 500 g button mushrooms, left whole
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Place the gram flour, salt, baking powder, cumin and chilli in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the water, mixing well to for a smooth batter.
- Add the garlic and onion to the batter and mix inches Leave the mixture to stand for ten mins while you wipe and trim your mushrooms.
- mix the mushrooms into the batter and stir to coat.
- Heat enough oil to cover the pakoras in a pan to about 180C (so a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds).
- Once the oil is hot fry a few pakoras at a time until golden brown. Drain and keep warm.
- Serve with salt and lemon juice.
Beautiful starter....we really enjoyed them photo has been uploaded
Great! We halved the recipe for the 2 of us & we had a small pan & big mushies, so we halved them. A quick, easy side/ starter is just what we needed...thanks! :)