Garlicky Mushroom Masala Omelet
- Break eggs into bowl. add 1/4 tsp salt and some freshly ground black pepper and beat well. Pour into glass measuring cup.
- Put 2 TB of the oil in a medium frying pan and set over high heat. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds. As soon as they begin to pop (just takes a few seconds), add garlic. Stir once or twice. As soon as garlic starts to brown, add mushrooms and stir and cook until they lose their raw look.
- Now turn heat to medium and add scallions, green chile, cilantro, and ginger. Stir until green seasonings have wilted, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and a little more salt and pepper. Stir for about 30 seconds, then turn off heat. This is the filling.
- Put 1 TB of oil in a 7-inch nonstick frying pan and set over high heat. When hot, pour in half of beaten eggs. Using a wooden spoon, stir eggs for 3-4 seconds or until they look like lumps of soft custard held together in one unbroken layer.
- Quickly spread half the stuffing along the center of the omelet and fold it over. Cook for a few more seconds and flip omelet over onto warm plate.
- Make the second omelet the same way.