Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
A crunchy,make ahead, summer, marinated side dish to go with all your bbq dinners. Refrigerate ahead for up to 24 hours. adapted from Canadian living mag.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs yellow wax beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms or 2 cups white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- In large pot of boiling salted water, cook beans until tender crisp and colour deepens, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and chill.
- In large frypan, heat oil over medium high heat, cook mushrooms and salt until softened and no liquid remains, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and oregano; cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in balsamic and white wine vinegar and pepper, pour over beans and toss to combine.
- Cover and marinate for 3 hours at room temperature.