Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy recipe for a savory dish of mashed potatoes.
- 6 potatoes (peeled & cubed)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled & coarsely diced)
- 2 maggi chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Place the potatoes, garlic, chives, maggi cubes and parsley in a medium stockpot and add the water.
- Place on the stove on high/medium temp and let boil until tender.
- Drain in a colander that doesnt have huge holes so that you dont lose the garlic and spices, make sure to reserve about 1/2 cup of the broth.
- Place the 1/2 cup of broth in the pot and mash the potatoes.
- Add milk, black pepper, salt and butter and mix well.
- *If you like a more dense mashed potatoes, cut down on the amount of broth you add*.
- You may need to adjust salt according to taste.