Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bon Appetite. Jan 2000. I will probably use canned crab to make this.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes. Increase heat to high, add wine and boil 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Return pasta to pot. Add clam juice, 1/2 cup cooking water and bell pepper mixture.
- Cook over high heat until pasta absorbs half of liquid, about 2 minutes. Add crab and toss until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Mix in parsley. Season to taste with pepper. Divide pasta among bowls. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve, passing cheese separately.