Recipe by Tracy K
This simple sauce is perfect for basting grilled or broiled seafood of all kinds... you can also use it as a dipping sauce for steamed crab, mussels, clams, oysters, or other shellfish.
Top Review by Jangomango
Another winner from Tracy. Easy to do, lovely colour, beautiful to look at and tastes delicious. I used it as sauce for a trevally fillet, (which is white, so the colour contrast was nice) but it would work for most fish and shellfish. I garnished it with small slices of preserved lemon.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 dash hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add all other ingredients, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer for 2-3 minutes, remove from heat.
- Brush on seafood while grilling or broiling, pour over steamed shellfish, or use as a dipping sauce.