Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This would be a lovely Sunday lunch.
Make and share this Garlicky Lamb Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g new potatoes, scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 lamb chops (about 175g each)
- 2 zucchini, chopped into rough triangles
- 4 ripe tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 250 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into 1cm slices and place in a large roasting tray along with half the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix until well coated and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme, tossing again to coat and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are both crisp and tender.
- Take the potatoes out and keep warm in a separate dish.
- Meanwhile, heat another roasting tin on the stove.
- Season the lamb and then add the remaining olive oil to the pan.
- When the oil is hot, sear the lamb on each side for a minute or so until it starts to brown.
- Transfer to the oven for 10-12 minutes until just tender but still with a touch of pink in the middle.
- Take out of the oven and leave to rest in a warm place.
- Add the zucchini and tomatoes to the roasting tin that had the potatoes in it and bake for 10 minutes, turning the veggies occasionally.
- Place the potatoes on warmed plates.
- Spoon over the cooked veggeies.
- Carve the lamb, place on top and drizzle over the meat and veggie juices as a gravy.