1/3 Photos of Garlicky Hummus
This is a lower fat version of the traditional hummus. If you love garlic, this is for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2Wrap garlic heads in aluminum foil.
- 3Cook in oven until very soft, about 30 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, and allow to cool in the foil.
- 5When cool, cut each head in half horizontally, and squeeze cloves into the bowl of a food processor.
- 6Add remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth.
- 7Add up to 2 tablespoons water if mixture is too thick.
- 8Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days, until ready to serve.
- 9Great served with pita chip or crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.1 mg
- Sodium 617.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g