This is a lower fat version of the traditional hummus. If you love garlic, this is for you!
Make and share this Garlicky Hummus recipe from Food.com.
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wrap garlic heads in aluminum foil.
- Cook in oven until very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool in the foil.
- When cool, cut each head in half horizontally, and squeeze cloves into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons water if mixture is too thick.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days, until ready to serve.
- Great served with pita chip or crackers.
Asked my husband how he likes tahini-less hummus. His voice, muffled and overfilled said, "Rrrrhis rooood!" I was inexplicably happy not to miss that spectacle. Made for PRMR.
I used sour cream instead of ricotta too, but LOVE THE RECIPE! I used fresh basil and did it up in the food processor. WOW! I am a huge fan of Trader Joe's Mediterranean hummus, but not huge on Sabra's brand! This hit the spot and even better it was homemade! Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
Loved it! I made this for my dinner this evening with basil chips. I baked 1 head of garlic, and used cottage cheese in place of the ricotta. I also used smoked paprika..wonderful, yummy and absolutely will be made time and again! Thank You for sharing this winner Sharon123!