Recipe by Sharon123
This is a lower fat version of the traditional hummus. If you love garlic, this is for you!
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wrap garlic heads in aluminum foil.
- Cook in oven until very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool in the foil.
- When cool, cut each head in half horizontally, and squeeze cloves into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients, and puree until smooth.
- Add up to 2 tablespoons water if mixture is too thick.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 3 days, until ready to serve.
- Great served with pita chip or crackers.