Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a garlic-lover's hummus. It's best to make ahead so flavors blend well. Not quite sure on exact # servings.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 2⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 -8 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil, for drizzling (optional)
- salt, as needed, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. If necessary, add tsps of water to thin consistancy. Chill.
- Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.
- serve with pitas and/or veggies, or even use as a sandwich spread.
Yum! Love the garlic! I served with crackers and later with baby carrots. I had about 1/2 can of chickpeas, so scaled the recipe down to fit. Made for ZWT#6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie!
Tasty. Unfortunately the vitamix chopped the parsley so fine that the hummus turned green, much to dh's dismay, so I had to make more without the parsley. Made for team SSaSSY for ZWT6.
Wow, such a good hummus! I LOVE garlic, and NO ONE is going to want to kiss me today. lol Delicious. I did need to thin it out a smidge with both olive oil and water (otherwise I could lay bricks with it) as directed in the recipe, but I was glad to have a thicker, rather than thinner hummus. This makes a LOT, so I will be happily munching all week long, I think. :) Thanks!