Recipe by Lalaloob
Wonderful Pickles for the Summer Barbeque.
Top Review by BonnieZ
These are delicious and very simple to make. The end result is very garlicky, but surprisingly not overly hot. They are a nice change from dill or sweet pickles. Thank you Lalaloob for sharing the recipe. It is one I am sure to return to.
- 4 kirby cucumbers, cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 red chilies or 2 yellow chilies, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- Pack the cukes standing upright into a 1 quart mason jar.
- Tuck the chiles and garlic in all around.
- In small saucepan, bring water, vinegar, salt and pickling spice to boil.
- Slowly pour hot liquid into jar, close lid and cool down on counter,then refrigerate 48 hours (will last in refrig 2 weeks).