Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful Pickles for the Summer Barbeque.
- 4 kirby cucumbers, cut lengthwise into eighths
- 2 red chilies or 2 yellow chilies, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pickling spices
- Pack the cukes standing upright into a 1 quart mason jar.
- Tuck the chiles and garlic in all around.
- In small saucepan, bring water, vinegar, salt and pickling spice to boil.
- Slowly pour hot liquid into jar, close lid and cool down on counter,then refrigerate 48 hours (will last in refrig 2 weeks).
These are delicious and very simple to make. The end result is very garlicky, but surprisingly not overly hot. They are a nice change from dill or sweet pickles. Thank you Lalaloob for sharing the recipe. It is one I am sure to return to.