Recipe by Dawn
I'm not suffering at all on the South Beach Diet. I've found many great recipes that fit into the plan. Dieting or not this is a great dish that brings the taste of the southwest to your grill. The shrimp is brushed with a garlic/olive oil puree, then dipped in an avocado sauce that lights up your palate. This is not time consuming, throw things in the food processor and send your better half out to grill. Then pick up a book and sip a pina colada....and wait for dinner.
Top Review by AKillian24
DH and his friends were in a Madden FB marathon, and I whipped this up, a bit worried that it would not fit the 'manly man' crowd..however it was devoured! They all loved it! I provided both chips and shrimp, and several people were piling the shrimp on a chip with the dip!
- skewer (wooden or metal)
- 2 medium ripe Hass avocadoes (sliced with skin removed)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce or 2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce (I use Tabasco Brand May use less if desired.)
- seasoning salt
- 1 lb of peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix olive oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- Process through blender or processor.
- Set Aside.
- Rinse out food processor or blender and add avocado, jalapeno or chipotle pepper sauce, light shake of seasoning salt, and lime.
- Process or blend until smooth texture.
- Set aside and refrigerate.
- Thread shrimp on skewers and brush with garlic& olive oil mixture and lightly season with seasoning salt.
- Grill over medium heat@ 2 1/2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve with Avocado dipping sauce.
- Note- do not make avocado dip too salty.