I'm not suffering at all on the South Beach Diet. I've found many great recipes that fit into the plan. Dieting or not this is a great dish that brings the taste of the southwest to your grill. The shrimp is brushed with a garlic/olive oil puree, then dipped in an avocado sauce that lights up your palate. This is not time consuming, throw things in the food processor and send your better half out to grill. Then pick up a book and sip a pina colada....and wait for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- skewer (wooden or metal)
- 2 medium ripe Hass avocadoes (sliced with skin removed)
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco jalapeno sauce or 2 tablespoons chipotle hot sauce (I use Tabasco Brand May use less if desired.)
- seasoning salt
- 1 lb of peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- lime juice
- 1Mix olive oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
- 2Process through blender or processor.
- 3Set Aside.
- 4Rinse out food processor or blender and add avocado, jalapeno or chipotle pepper sauce, light shake of seasoning salt, and lime.
- 5Process or blend until smooth texture.
- 6Set aside and refrigerate.
- 7Thread shrimp on skewers and brush with garlic& olive oil mixture and lightly season with seasoning salt.
- 8Grill over medium heat@ 2 1/2-3 minutes each side.
- 9Serve with Avocado dipping sauce.
- 10Note- do not make avocado dip too salty.
Browse Our Top Southwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Southwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Avocado Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 220.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 25.0 g