Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Pattypan makes a nice and meaty squash side dish that you are sure to love. If you use other summer squash, make sure it is on the smallish side, firm, and sliced thick. Don't substitute winter squash in this recipe.
- 2 pattypan squash, cut into thick slices
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Brush squash slices liberally with oil mixture or toss together in a ziplock bag.
- Grill over medium heat until browned and cooked through, and garnish with parmesan cheese if desired.