1/1 Photo of Garlicky Grilled Beef Tenderloin With Herbs
4 hrs 40 mins
Ambrosia for Guen's Note:
This is a recipe I cooked for my birthday. It was my very first tenderloin on the grill. The recipe was VERY easy. And it got rave reviews at the party. I actually scaled the recipe down for just 1 lb of tenderloin, but I'm including the whole recipe here. I got the recipe online from Food & Wine. I believe they used fresh herbs in the original recipe. I didn't have any fresh on hand, but I had a Ton of dried, so I used that and it was still wonderful. I have changed the recipe to reflect my use of dried herbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fold the thin end of the tenderloin roast under to make the meat an even thickness. Tie the roast at 1-inch intervals and transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the garlic, pepper, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and salt. Rub the herb oil all over the roast and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 3Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- 4Light a grill. Grill the roast directly over moderately high heat, turning often, until nicely charred, about 30 minutes for medium-rare.
- 5Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 6Slice the roast 1/2 inch thick and serve.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Grilled Beef Tenderloin With Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.4
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 146.1 mg
- Sodium 489.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 43.2 g