Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this recipe to help use up the surplus of greens. Loaded with iron. Mix and match whatever is ready in your garden or your neighbor;s
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup white wine (use water or apple juiceas a sub.) (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 cups leafy greens, washed & dried (Spinach, chard, beet greens, kale, cabbage, your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Sate the onion& garlic in the oil over medium-high heat for apprx 5 minutes.
- Add sherry/wine, salt, pepper, allspice, oregano,& basil.
- Stir in the greens, press them down with the back of a spoon, mix, cook only until the are wilted apprx 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.