Recipe by Bergy
I love this recipe to help use up the surplus of greens. Loaded with iron. Mix and match whatever is ready in your garden or your neighbor;s
Top Review by Folk Dancer
My wife and I like greens, so we are always looking for new recipes for them, and this one worked very well. It is easy to make, and if you like garlic, you will enjoy this dish.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup white wine (use water or apple juiceas a sub.) (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 cups leafy greens, washed & dried (Spinach, chard, beet greens, kale, cabbage, your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Sate the onion& garlic in the oil over medium-high heat for apprx 5 minutes.
- Add sherry/wine, salt, pepper, allspice, oregano,& basil.
- Stir in the greens, press them down with the back of a spoon, mix, cook only until the are wilted apprx 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.