Recipe by Ernie's Bert
This recipe is from Taste of Home's Light & Tasty and is delicious. My husband loves green beans and mushrooms not to mention garlic. This recipe combines them all and is very easy to make. You can adjust the spices to meet your family's tastes.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious!! This is such a wonderful way to fix green beans. It contains all of the things that we love: green beans, garlic, and mushrooms...yum!! I did add a couple of extra cloves of garlic and cooked my beans about 15 minutes. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe...it is definitely a keeper! *Made for 2009 Spring PAC*
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- Drain beans; add to skillet.
- Stir in salt, onion powder and pepper; heat through.