Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Courtesy Sandra Lee Show: Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee Episode: Comfort Food Zone
- 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves peeled garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 slices pre-cooked bacon
- salt and pepper
- In a microwave safe bowl, add green beans and 1 tablespoon water.
- Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high setting for 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- While green beans are cooking; in a large frying pan, heat the butter, oil, sliced garlic, and chopped bacon gently over medium heat. NOTE: Do not let garlic burn - a light golden brown is as dark as garlic should get.
- Drain any liquid from the green beans and add to frying pan.
- Toss to coat beans and season with salt and pepper.
These were really good! Will definitely make them again. I used real bacon bits instead of the bacon slices.