Recipe by saleger52
One summer I had a bumper crop of green beans so I had to think how to make them interesting every night because everyone was getting sick of them. This recipe was very popular. I serve it whenever I want to fancy up a meal and it's always a hit with those who love garlic.
Top Review by Marie
This is an awesome recipe and soooo delicious! Definitely, a keeper and will be enjoyed often. Fresh green beans are a must - canned or frozen don't compare. Thanks very much for posting it.
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling water until crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in frying pan, over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for a few seconds (do not let it brown).
- Stir in bread crumbs, mixing well.
- Add drained green beans to frying pan.
- Toss to coat beans well with bread crumb mixture and heat through.
- Serve and enjoy.