1/4 Photos of Garlicky Green Beans
I make this often with my summer's crop of green and yellow beans ---for this recipe I really don't bother to measure so really the exact amounts do not matter, however I have posted the amounts that I I think is pretty much close to what I use --- I usually have my beans already steamed and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use for this recipe, do not make this using uncooked raw beans they must be cooked firstly, prep time does not include pre-steaming the beans or peeling the garlic cloves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 head garlic (peeled, then thinly slice all the cloves)
- 1 lb fresh steamed green beans (pat steamed beans dry using a paper towel)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1/4 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1In a skillet melted the butter with oil over medium heat.
- 2Add in the sliced garlic and crushed chili flakes; cook stirring for about 4 minutes or just until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not burn the garlic).
- 3Add in steamed beans and toss until heated through.
- 4Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5Remove to a bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: