Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I make this often with my summer's crop of green and yellow beans ---for this recipe I really don't bother to measure so really the exact amounts do not matter, however I have posted the amounts that I I think is pretty much close to what I use --- I usually have my beans already steamed and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use for this recipe, do not make this using uncooked raw beans they must be cooked firstly, prep time does not include pre-steaming the beans or peeling the garlic cloves.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 head garlic (peeled, then thinly slice all the cloves)
- 1 lb fresh steamed green beans (pat steamed beans dry using a paper towel)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste) or 1⁄4 teaspoon white salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- In a skillet melted the butter with oil over medium heat.
- Add in the sliced garlic and crushed chili flakes; cook stirring for about 4 minutes or just until the garlic is just lightly browned (do not burn the garlic).
- Add in steamed beans and toss until heated through.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove to a bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
This is a super good recipe. I cut the recipe back to two serving and used 4 very large garlic cloves coarsely chopped and 3/4 tsp of chili flakes. Definitely a do again often recipe Thanks Kitten for added great flavor to our dinner.
We LOVED it! DH who usually does not touch beans said "this is not bad", so that gives it 5* all the way! I cut the recipe in half to serve two since it would be too hot and garlicky for DD. I used a mixture of green beans and wax beans and was generous with the crushed red pepper flakes. Loved the garlic slices. I just sprinkled a few shavings of parmesan cheese since I am not into cheese but it tastes great without so next time I will do without the cheese. Thank you, Kittencal, for sharing another one of your wonderful recipes, I definitely will be making it again. :)
I am rating this as an adult, giving it 5 stars. The younger set hated it though, giving in 0 stars. They like my "kid friendly green beans", not posted at this time. They didn't like the slices of garlic...but the adults did! I loved it. I didn't add as much crushed pepper as I would like, because I was trying to please everyone at the table. But since the younger group didn't like it, next time I will add more crushed pepper and just enjoy this as an adult! I loved the garlic...be sure to use the amount specified so you get a piece in every bite. Made for My 3 Chefs and Newest Zaar tag! Loved it!