Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious green bean side dish. I also add sautéed mushrooms when I have them on hand. (The mushrooms in the picture are so red because I used leftovers from sautéing them in red wine the night before). My DH wants bacon added next time - he loves bacon with green beans.
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Wash green beans well.
- Snap off both ends of the green beans, snap them in half leaving you with pieces that are two to three inches long.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and add minced garlic and sauté until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add green beans and continue to sauté on medium heat until heated through for five to seven minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt just before serving.
These were really good. I added some garlic powder after they were cooked because they didn't have as much garlic flavor as I had anticipated. Thanks!
A nice way to cook greenbeans. I used grapeseed oil spray so that the fat content was reduced considerably. Left out the pepper flakes and really enjoyed these garlicky green beans.
This is delicious, I do this all the time with frozen green beans not the cut up ones but the whole ones. First I place the beans in a sautee pan and add about 1/4 c. water, put a lid on and steam for a few minutes. Next I drain the water and add the oil, garlic and salt and sautee till desired doneness. They are great. Thanks for posting this great and healty recipe.