Recipe by MNLisaB
Very favorful soup to help use up some of your garden produce. It's got 20 cloves of garlic, how can you go wrong? From our local paper.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsley chopped and seeded
- 2 bell peppers, your color choice,chopped and seeded
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled,chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil or fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 slices toasted Italian bread (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with balsamic vinegar.
- If you are carbing, lay 1 slice toasted Italian bread at the bottom of each bowl.
- Pour the soup over the bread, add parm cheese and fresh herbs atop the soup.