Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very favorful soup to help use up some of your garden produce. It's got 20 cloves of garlic, how can you go wrong? From our local paper.
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsley chopped and seeded
- 2 bell peppers, your color choice,chopped and seeded
- 20 cloves garlic, peeled,chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil or fresh parsley (optional)
- 4 slices toasted Italian bread (optional)
- In medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with balsamic vinegar.
- If you are carbing, lay 1 slice toasted Italian bread at the bottom of each bowl.
- Pour the soup over the bread, add parm cheese and fresh herbs atop the soup.