Top Review by elsie(across the pond) morgan
This is an excellent recipe, a lot better than mine. I invented mine some years ago for summer use, because we all like beans but not necessarily hot, and it was good with salad veg.Being whisked less mine was more a semi-pate. However, yours is much more imaginately flavoured than mine, and yours is the one for me now. Thank you, elsie across the pond
- 3 cups garbanzo beans, Cooked
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tahini, Sesame Paste
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- lemon slice
- parsley, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the beans with the water in a food processor or blender to the consistency of a smooth, mashed-potatolike paste. (The beans can also be mashed with the water by hand) Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cumin.
- Continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Put into a serving bowl and swirl in the olive oil.
- Sprinkle on paprika and garnish with lemon slices and chopped parsley.
- Serve at room temperature.
- SUGGESTED DIPPERS: Pita Bread Triangles, Celery, Carrots,
- Fennel, Cheddar Cheese