Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This beef roast is very good and especially good for the garlic lovers. It's also done in a crock pot so even the house will smell good all day. My family loves to eat this with mashed potatoes and warm buttered dinner rolls.
- 4 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix (Lipton)
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 head peeled garlic (whole head)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 small red potatoes (washed and halved)
- 6 carrots (washed and cut in half)
- 3 celery ribs (washed and cut into halves)
- Wash and rinse meat and vegetables. Cut all the vegetables in half except for the garlic. Peel the skins on the garlic and set them in a bowl. In another bowl, combine the mushroom soup, beef broth, and water. Pour this mixture in the crock pot. Season the roast with black pepper and place the roast in the crock pot. Pour the dry onion soup mix over the roast. Lay all of the garlic cloves on top of the roast and set your crock pot on low for 8 hours. After 4 hours of cooking, place the vegetables in the pot and let it continue to cook until the vegetables and meat is tender.