Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Some Chinese restaurant I used to go to in San Diego made these. Yum!
Make and share this Garlicky Cream Cheese Wontons recipe from Food.com.
- Take cold cream cheese and mix with garlic to incorporate.
- Place in fridge and chill for 15 minutes (I found using cold cream cheese makes them easier to fill).
- Place 1 tsp filling in each wonton wrapper.
- Wet each square edge with the egg wash.
- Fold into triangles.
- Make sure to get all the air out when sealing or they will puff up to much in the hot oil.
- Freeze or fry in 450°F oil 6 at a time til golden brown.
- Serve with various dipping sauces.
We love these wontons!! I've made them twice now and each time everyone prefers these over the main meal. You really can't stop eating them, they're so good. :) I really like the cream cheese garlic combination. They are great by themselves (which is how we usually eat them) but paired with sweet and sour sauce like I had a couple nights ago they are extra delicious. You have to be sure to flip them often other wise one side won't get done equally and might break open spilling the cream cheese. Wonderful simple recipe! Thanks Jamilah!
These were so good!! Even after they were cold.... :). LOVE the cream cheese and garlic!! We ate them without sauce. made for ZWT6 by an Xtra Hottie. ***A WORD OF CAUTION*** DO NOT bust these in the hot grease!!! The filling spatters HOT GREASE EVERYWHERE!!!***
WOWEE! Where;s the 'mikkion star' button?!?! I could not stop eating these things, We dipped 'em in Japanese Spicy Mayo Sauce and wolfed 'em down with nothing but yummy sounds in the background. I couldn't believe how easy they were to put together. Fried up an a flash too. I put my cream cheese mixture inthe freezer for a few minutes to make sure it was really chilled. I made a total of 14 wontons and we were qishing for more! Made for ZWT6 by a feloow Looney Spooner and will be making them again very soon.