Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Some Chinese restaurant I used to go to in San Diego made these. Yum!
Top Review by Leah's Kitchen
We love these wontons!! I've made them twice now and each time everyone prefers these over the main meal. You really can't stop eating them, they're so good. :) I really like the cream cheese garlic combination. They are great by themselves (which is how we usually eat them) but paired with sweet and sour sauce like I had a couple nights ago they are extra delicious. You have to be sure to flip them often other wise one side won't get done equally and might break open spilling the cream cheese. Wonderful simple recipe! Thanks Jamilah!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 1 (12 ounce) package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Take cold cream cheese and mix with garlic to incorporate.
- Place in fridge and chill for 15 minutes (I found using cold cream cheese makes them easier to fill).
- Place 1 tsp filling in each wonton wrapper.
- Wet each square edge with the egg wash.
- Fold into triangles.
- Make sure to get all the air out when sealing or they will puff up to much in the hot oil.
- Freeze or fry in 450°F oil 6 at a time til golden brown.
- Serve with various dipping sauces.