Recipe by Hey Jude
This recipe calls for king crab legs but Dungeness also works really well. It's best to use frozen crab so that you can defrost it on your own schedule. Also, add in other stuff, such as sliced green onions or fresh basil leaves or even sliced jalapeno peppers if you like. This is a Chicago Tribune recipe.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs frozen king crab legs
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- heat a large stockpot of salted water to a boil over high heat; add crab legs; cover. Cook until crab is cooked through, 6 minutes; transfer crab to a colander but don't drain the water out of the pot, keep it boiling.
- Add spaghetti to the crab water; cook according to package directions. Drain; keep warm. Meanwhile, crack crab legs into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Melt 3 T. of the butter in a large skillet or wok. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until garlic is slightly browned and aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add crab legs and parsley to skillet; toss to coat the shells and the meat with the hot butter and garlic. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 T. butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add cooked pasta, tossing until well coated. Transfer pasta to a platter; top with reserved crab.