Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was my first attempt at cooking clams and they were great! Quick and easy. Recipe is from the Chicago Tribune Good Eating Cookbook.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3 lbs manila clams or 3 lbs littleneck clams, in shells,well rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup fish or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 5 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- crusty bread, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add clams and wine, cook wine to reduce slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, and paprika; cook until clams open.
- Discard any clams that don't open.
- Add parsley, lemon juice, and salt.
- Divide clams into six bowls; pour broth over each and serve with crusty bread for dipping.