Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good for parties of all sorts, but especially popular for sports gatherings!
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic (to taste)
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 7 ounces canned clams, drained and minced
- 1⁄4 cup clam broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl, then using garlic press, squeeze the garlic clove with juice into bowl.
- Cream together the cheese and garlic with a spoon until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Transfer to serving container, cover, and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or veggies.
- If you'd like a thinner dip (if you're serving dip with thinner chips, for instance), you can add more clam broth. Also good topped with chopped green onions.
if you love clams and garlic you will love this recipe. I plan to make large quanties for the upcoming superbowl party at the hitchin post in salem oregon.go ravens.
I didn't have any clam broth so I just used 1/4 cup of juice from the canned clams. I also added a 2nd can of clams. The garlic taste was pretty strong but no one that ate it really seemed to care, me included. I will make this again for sure.
Wonderful recipe. Similar to mine but you add the clam broth. Have you tried it hot? It's wonderful topped with parmesan cheese.