Recipe by Katzen
A very garlicky chicken souvlaki, the recipe comes from an old friend's greek mother (he had to translate it for me.) It disappears very fast - and no vampires allowed!
Top Review by Misa
The lovely tastes of both lemon and garlic were front and center on the chicken! I marinaded the chicken chunks for 4 hours and still had lots of flavor. Served with [recipe=#32448]spanakopita[/recipe]; I think next time I'll add in a side of buttered noodles, too!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts or 2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed is best
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste (optional I don't usually add it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything but chicken or pork, and whisk well. Place chicken in a seal able container, and marinate overnight to 24 hours.
- Soak skewers 30 minutes in water (so they won’t burn.).
- Skewer meat.
- BBQ or bake in oven until done (oven is 375 for 30-40 minutes.).