Prep 0 mins
Cook 55 mins
Can use either chicken or turkey in this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh ground chicken breast or 1⁄2 lb turkey breast
- 1 large head of garlic, roasted and mashed* (see below)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup corn or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) canrosarita brand enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 ounces grated tillamook cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) cansliced olives
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced in thin rounds
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- • Heat olive oil in a skillet to medium hot. Add chopped onions, shallots and jalapenos until onions are translucent. Add chicken and brown off. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin and lime juice. Bring to a simimer and stir in 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese and cool. When chicken mixture is cool; heat corn oil in a skillet and dip corn tortillas in oil only long enough to soften. Pat tortilla dry on a paper towel. Fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place the filled tortillas in a teflon lined baking pan tightly side by side. Evenly pour the enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle next with the remaining Monterey Jack cheese and the Tillamook Cheese. Garnish with the sliced scallions and olives. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Garnish with cilantro.
- ROASTED GARLIC:* Peel outer skin layer from head of fresh garlic, leaving cloves and head intact. Place head on double thickness of foil; top with 1 teaspoon butter and a sprig of fresh rosemary or oregano [or 1/4 teaspoon dried]. Fold up and seal. Bake in a 375 degree over for 55-60 minutes. Squeeze cloves from skins and set aside. Discard skins.