Recipe by Iceman _ 142
A very good Baked chicken recipe that is LOADED with Garlic and Butter. Delicious reheated the next day, or diced into a salad.
Top Review by CookingCutie
I thought I'd give this a try because I had some chopped onion I wanted to use up, and only chicken breasts to make dinner with. However, the instructions are rather vague, and even though I followed them as best as I could, I came up with an undesirable result. Halfway through preparation, I realized that nowhere in the directions did it mention the canola oil, salt, or pepper from the ingredient list. Were those supposed to be utilized somewhere? With the breadcrumb mixture perhaps? I wonder now if "sprinkling the chicken with breadcrumbs" was supposed to be interpreted as "coat the chicken on both sides", since I ended up with a pile of dry breadcrumbs on top of my chicken when it was done. My husband renamed the dish "Sandy Chicken", and proceeded to scrape off all the bread crumbs, salvaging the chicken, which happened to still be bearable with the rest of our meal. Needless to say, this one won't be bothered with again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced medium and cross cut
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breast until uniform thickness. I prefer 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- Arrange chicken in a Pyrex or similar bake proof dish.
- Melt butter is small sauce pan to barely simmering. add onion first and cook until turning translucent. then add garlic. Don't cook too long, just enough to bring all the flavors together.
- Cool slightly and pour over chicken breast in baking dish and roll chicken aropund to cover both top and bottom, then cover. Put in fridge and allow to sit for at least an hour.
- While marinating, mix 1 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of Parmesean chees together.
- Pre heat oven to 275.
- Remove chicken and sprinkle half of bread crumb mixture over chicken and place in oven.
- Allow to cook for 45 minutes and re sprinkle with remaining mixture and continue to cook until bread crumbs turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil andallow to sit in butter mixture for 10 minute to redistribute juices.
- I like to serve this with a nice pasta side.