Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is an excelllent summer BBQ recipe. I love Brussels sprouts, and they have such a wonderful taste when grilled. This recipe can also be made with beef. I also like to add cubed green pepper and fresh mushrooms to the skewers...Ohhh, can't wait to fire up that grill!!:)
- 1 pint Brussels sprout
- 1 lb chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook sprouts, covered, in boiling salted water until tender (about 8-10 min.) Cut onion into wedges.
- Combine garlic, dressing and soy sauce.
- Marinate chicken, sprouts, and onion in Italian dressing mixture 1-2 hours.
- Thread on skewers, alternating ingredients.
- Sprinkle skewers with salt and pepper.
- Broil/grill 3-4 inches from heat until chicken is cooked through (approx 8-10 minutes).
Oh Manda...another winner! It's too early here to fire up the grill (still a lot of snow!) so I used my Showtime Rotisserie with the shish kabob attachments. I love brussell sprouts and the marinade really brought out their flavor! I will try this on the grill when it's warmer...thanks for a definate keeper!