Recipe by 887516
A semi-healthful dish uses veggies and chicken breast, providing a creamy and filling dish without too much fat. A bowl of this can easily serve as a meal for even a hearty eater if accompanied by a veggie or salad. Alternatively, it can be used as an appetizer for a much larger group of people.
Top Review by Patrick B.
My wife and I used boullion cubes instead of broth, no wine, and arborio instead of plain white rice, but otherwise kept to the recipe. It turned out great! And every ingredient is just something that we tend to keep on hand, so this was quite cheap as well. Thanks!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups white rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- sautée the garlic in the olive oil.
- add the rice and keep stirring.
- slowly add the wine and chicken broth about a quarter cup at a time, alternating periodically and letting the previous liquid be fully absorbed before adding more. Be sure to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom and boiling by stirring adequately. After about 10 minutes, add any toppings desired such as the chicken breast and broccoli. Continue this until all liquid is absorbed and rice is soft and cooked (about 40 minutes). If necessary, additional broth or water can be added to fully cook the rice.
- Once the rice is cooked, stir in the butter, melting it inches Then remove from heat and add the cheese.