Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 8 ounces muenster cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon kirsch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Dipping Items (ideas)
- tiny new potatoes, parboiled
- lightly steamed broccoli floret
- lightly steamed cauliflower floret
- lightly steamed asparagus
- button mushroom, wiped clean and stems removed
- cubed smoked ham
- cooked sliced sausage
- long thick pretzel stick
- lightly toasted cubes French bread
- In a bowl or large plastic bag, combine the cheeses and toss with the cornstarch to coat. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a fondue pot or large heavy saucepan, bring the wine and garlic to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Add the cheese, a bit at a time, stirring well to prevent from clumping, and cook until melted.
- Add the kirsch, salt, pepper and nutmeg; stir well, and cook, stirring until the mixture is smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Set the pot over a candle or canned heat and serve hot with assorted dipping items.