Recipe by chris and her whisk
This tasty spread is delicious on crusty french bread and makes simple soup and bread dinners a bit more elegant. My kids love it.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash (you can substitute pumpkin) into 1 inch cubes.
- peel 4 large cloves of garlic.
- toss with olive oil and coarse salt.
- Roast the squash and garlic and rosemary in the oven until tender (about 35 minutes).
- Discard rosemary.
- Allow to cool then process in a food processor with the butter.
- Scrape into a tiny serving bowl.
- serve with crusty french bread.