1/12 Photos of Garlicky Brussels Sprouts Saute
Susie D's Note:
Are you a Brussel Sprout fan? You might be convinced after trying these. This fast dish has lots of flavor. Recipe from Vegetarian Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place brussel sprouts in bowl of food processor. Pulse 12-15 times, or until roughly shredded.
- 2Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add garlic, and cook 5-7 minutes, or until light brown.
- 3Increase heat to medium high and add shredded sprouts, red pepper, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir often.
- 4Add water and cook 5 minutes or more until most of the liquid is evaporated. Stir in vinegar and season to taste with additional salt or pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- 5Note: Frozen sprouts can be used in a pinch in this recipe. Thaw first and reduce cooking time a bit. You want them to be crisp/ tender in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlicky Brussels Sprouts Saute
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.3 g