Recipe by snickels
These are very tasty, not your normal boiled yucky brusses sprouts. I made these once for Thanksgiving and now I make them all the time. The original recipe is from Vegetarian Times, but I've changed it a little.
Top Review by Susiecat too
I want to balance out the rating stars here -- this is YUMMY! I didn't have that much whole garlic on hand, but I always have a jar of fresh, minced garlic in my fridge, so I used about 4 heaping wooden spoonsful (about 6 tablespoons perhaps?) instead. Everything else I kept the same. I like the tanginess provided by the cider vinegar. My 6-yr old daughter asked for seconds! Thanks for the recipe, snickels!
- 20 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 20 garlic cloves, halved (or quartered if very large)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Ffter chopping ingredients, heat olive oil in skillet on med/med high.
- Sauté garlic and sprouts for a couple of minutes. (i know it seems like a lot of garlic but it mellows out when cooked, but you can use less if you like).
- Add apple cider vinegar and cook sprouts to desired level of doneness. (I like my veggies al dente).
- The apple cider vinegar really brings out the mustardy flavor of the brussels sprouts.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. (I love a lot of coarse ground black pepper in this).
- I also eat it hot or cold. I just love it, but watch out--there's a lot of fiber in this and it could give you a tummy ache if you eat too much.