Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Again, thanks Rachael Ray. (I've been watching her a lot lately.)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Broccolini
- coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Trim broccolini of ends. Place 4-5" long thin stalks into a skillet and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and reduce heat. Simmer broccolini 6-7 minutes, until tender and bright green.
- Drain the broccolini and return skillet to stove over medium heat. Add EVOO to pan, then garlic.
- Cook garlic 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccolini to pan and coat in garlic and oil, then serve.
Yum! I add a squeeze of lemon as well as a pinch of chilli flakes which seems to bring out the sweetness of the broccolini.
Yum! Tasted just like the garlic broccolini I order at J Gilberts (a restaurant). Very easy and looks pretty on the plate. Now if I can just talk my hubby into eating the stalks along with the florets!
This was my first ever victory against broccolini ;-), which proves that simplistic approach is the way to go here. Thank you.