Recipe by Chippie1
I came up with this one day when my husband refused to eat bottled dressing any longer. We are huge salad fans and this dressing is now the house favorite. This also doubles for a nice marinade on chicken breasts or pork tenderloin.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 slice vidalia onion, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop Garlic& Onion in a"Handy Chooper" if you have one or use a Food Processor.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, parmesan, and mix well.
- (If using the red wine, add it at this time.) Serve over a nice spring salad mix or some baby spinach greens with sliced tomato and parmesan.