Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had these for dinner on my birthday. Delicious and crunchy! From here: http://purplefoodie.com/2009/04/garlicky-baked-fries.html I cut the oil called for on the original recipe and upped the amount of potatoes and there was still extra oil left on the bottom of the baking sheet. The recipe below reflects the changes.
- Cut each potato into 12 wedges.
- Preheat oven to 225°C/475°F.
- Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, warming it until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. I used the microwave for this.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to the baking dish, coating it well.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the remaining 1 tbsp garlic/oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, 3 to 6 minutes, shaking the bowl to redistribute the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
Yum! These were really tasty! They were nice and crispy, too. I skipped the cayenne because of my little girl but we didn't miss it. Thanks, Andrew! Made for PAC fall 2009.