Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy and tender
- 1 lb white fish fillet, any tender mild type
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Spray a 9x9 baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Place fish in a single layer.
- Pour milk over fish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and spread over fish.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until fish can be flaked with a fork. Do not overcook.
- Serve with boiled potatoes, or crisp shoestring french fries and cole slaw.
Not our cup of tea, I'm afraid.
I used Orange Roughy. Very easy to prepare and short cooking time. Ingredients usually found in home pantry. Excellent...very tasty. I did add 1 tbsp olive oil to butter and 1 tbsp each Parmesan and Romano. It was delicious.
Easy - yes. Tender - yes. Good - no. Not for us, anyway. Followed the recipe exactly, but the combination of flavors just did not work together well. We ended up throwing this out.