Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
A variation on the traditional 40 Clove Chicken. The whole garlic cloves become very mild, buttery and savory. Yummy!
- 1 whole chicken, cut up and skin removed (3 lbs)
- 2 large heads of garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 375. Arrange chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle garlic cloves and celery over top.
- Combine wine, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and hot pepper. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with lemon rind.
- Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes, basting if necessary, or till chicken is tender.
What a fantastic recipe! I only used one head of garlic and chunked the cloves to spread over the chicken. I used 6 deboned, skinned chicken thighs and rubbed them with the garlic before adding the garlic to the recipe. Thanks, Semra22, I will be making your delicious chicken again and again. M.Joan