Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I have an 11-month-old who loves garlic! This is a quick, easy, and healthy spread or dip for both you and your little ones. It is strong-tasting and will leave you with lasting garlic breath, but if neither of those bother you (or bother your baby), then go for it. As it is, my daughter will pick this over bland applesauce any day.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 4 garlic cloves, raw
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, raw
- 1 tablespoon water (more or less, to acquire desired consistency)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Very simple, drain the beans and then dump the rest of the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth, adding either water, lime juice or olive oil to achieve the desired texture (and to suit your taste).