1/1 Photo of Garlic Zucchini Appetizer (Mutabbal Koosa)
4 hrs 15 mins
From: "Classic Vegetarian Cooking from the Middle East & North Africa" by Habeeb Salloum. From Syria and Lebanon regions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan and saute garlic slices over medium heat until they turn light brown. Remove garlic slices with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2In the same oil, saute zucchini slices over medium heat until they turn light brown, turning them over once. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 3Combine vinegar with remaining ingredients.
- 4Place zucchini on a serving platter. Sprinkle vinegar mixture over top; then evenly top with garlic slices.
- 5Allow to stand for 4 hours or so before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Zucchini Appetizer (Mutabbal Koosa)
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.8
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g